Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starcraft and Starcraft 2

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:01 am

Maarten

F.N.G
F.N.G

I can't help it, but lately I've been watching a lot of the videos at gomtv.net. I'm by no means a hardcore gamer (I only game when I'm bored), but watching those videos with the English commentary of Tasteless is just like watching a basketball game. So exciting, and very clear what's going on.

That actually made me buy Starcraft and see if online is any fun. It isn't since the level of most players is way too high.

That brought me to Starcraft 2. I'm really looking forward to it. New battle.net, matchmaking, long campaign,.. I only hope that the BETA will be an open one. If it isn't, I hope that having a DX11 card will pave me the way to a beta slot.

2Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Re: Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Anakhoresis

Anakhoresis
F.N.G
F.N.G

Will Starcraft 2 be using DirectX 11? I know they're making it 'compatible with DirectX 10' for whatever reason, but though Microsoft mentioned SC2 and DX11, Blizzard has yet to say anything.

I don't get why they're even bothering though. Last I heard about it, they were making a DX10 renderpath, but not even adding any DX10 effects. And DX10 is slower than DX9, which is what they're natively using, and they probably won't bother with DX10.1 seeing as only ATI decided to support it (with the exception of Nvidia's newest GT200 cards, GT210, 220, 240). And if they made a DX11 path, would they bother to add DX11 effects? Although it would be interesting to see whether DX9 or DX11 is faster (though it wouldn't be a fair comparison, as they'd be porting a DX9 engine over, which wouldn't provide optimal speed), it seems like a waste of work.

I like the story of Starcraft, personally, but I never really liked the multiplayer. SC2's multiplayer is supposed to be faster, so maybe that'll work out for me.

3Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Re: Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

stephanovich

stephanovich
F.N.G
F.N.G

I'll only play the story. Not much of a fan of SC MP.

4Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Re: Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 am

Maarten

F.N.G
F.N.G

BETA this month!!!!!!

5Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Re: Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Anakhoresis

Anakhoresis
F.N.G
F.N.G

Maarten wrote:BETA this month!!!!!!

Yup, good luck to all trying to get in!

Unfortunately I won't be able to, because 'awesomely' enough, all of my Blizzard games were stolen by former friends. Brilliant, eh? And I dunno if it's worth it to go out and buy Diablo 2 or Starcraft or (*shudder* Warcraft 3) just to get into the Starcraft 2 beta.

For the record, I love the end of their Terms of User Agreement.

Force Majeure. Blizzard shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Blizzard, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Blizzard's control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.

6Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Pirated Offline Version Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am

iPcc

F.N.G
F.N.G

Just look hard enough on the net and you'll stumble upon Starcraft 2 beta offline. Funny how no one even bothered hacking C&C:4 ^^

7Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Empty Re: Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:40 am

Anakhoresis

Anakhoresis
F.N.G
F.N.G

Well, C&C4 wasn't nearly as big as SC2 to begin with, so not so surprising to me.

I might look for it, but... I dunno. I'm really just interested in SC for the storyline anyway. I'm a sucker for Science Fiction RTS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum